Quer colocar o estudo em prática? O Stoodi tem exercícios de Passive Voice dos maiores vestibulares do Brasil.
Estude Inglês com esses e mais de 30000 que caíram no ENEM, Fuvest, Unicamp, UFRJ, UNESP e muitos outros vestibulares!
- 1. UFRGS 2012Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with 800 million users worldwide as of September 2011. More than any other company, it has defined what 1…….. see as the “social” era of the Internet, in which connections made among 9people 4replace 7algorithm-driven searches. And 8its 5policies, more than any others, seem to be driving the definition of 14privacy in this new age. Every day, Facebook users comment or press the “like” button more than 2 billion times and upload more than 250 million photos. The McKinsey Global Institute has estimated that the network’s users post 30 billion pieces of content 2…….. month. The company, founded in 2004 by a Harvard 15sophomore, Mark Zuckerberg, began life 16catering first to Harvard students and then to all high school and college students. It has since evolved into a broadly popular online destination used by teenagers and adults of all ages. 19In country after country, Facebook has cemented itself as the leader, often displacing other social networks. It is 3…….. surprise that 11Facebook has become one of the titans of the Internet, challenging even Google with 10its vision of a Web tied together by personal relationships and recommendations, rather than by search algorithms. In a major expansion, Facebook has spread itself across other Web sites by offering members the chance to “Like” something - share it with their network – without leaving the Web page they are on. At the Facebook 20developer 6conference in September, 21the company announced the release of a 13product called Timeline, 12which offers a 22highly visual view of a user’s Facebook profile and organizes content into photos, events and apps, all based on a 17timeline view that stretches back to the beginning of a user’s time on Facebook. Timeline is designed to work on 18mobile devices, too. Adaptado de: WYLD, Adrian. Facebook. Disponível em: . Acesso em 01 dez. 2011. Assinale a alternativa que preenche corretamente a lacuna do enunciado abaixo. The passive version of the sentence [...] the company announced the release of product called Timeline (ref. 21) is the sentence [...] the release of a product called Timeline …….. by the company.
- 2. UEG 2012Em relação à fala da mulher, observa-se que
- 3. UFPA 2008Child Labor Child labor tends to be thought of as a 19th century evil that has now been eradicated. The reality is that, throughout the world, the labor of millions of children still occurs, often in conditions as horrific as the factories of 150 years ago. These children are forced to engage in back-breaking labor in stone quarries, brick kilns, construction sites, and other hazardous occupations. There are now estimated to be 200 million child laborers in the world. This is today’s world of nine year old coal miners and eight year old prostitutes, and of little girls who work 12 hour shifts in sweatshops. In most of these sweatshops, they are forced to eat, sleep and work in the same stuffy, overcrowded room. Girls rescued recently from one Bangkok sweatshop were forced to work in strict silence from 6 am to midnight. They were mercilessly flogged for breaking the rules. These children are robbed of their childhood, they have to toil up to 18 hours a day, seven days a week. The material in this report is based on Missions to West Africa, southern and eastern Africa, South Asia and South-East Asia by the Society’s Secretary-General, by members of the Society’s Board of Governors and by the Society's Program Directors for South Asia and South-East Asia. (http://www.anti-slaverysociety.addr.com/clab.htm. Acesso em 21/11/2007) O enunciado "These children are robbed of their childhood (...)", no 40. parágrafo, expõe a ideia de que
- 4. UEM 2013What is World Challenge? World Challenge is a global competition and its objective is to find projects or small businesses that have shown innovation and made a difference to the local community. Since it began, in January 2004, World Challenge has received lots of nominations from all over the world. These include, for example, projects that have helped farmers in Peru or improved the lives of people in the slums of Colombia. Each year thousands of people vote to say who they think deserves to win. One of the 2007 nominees was from a rural community in the Brazilian Amazon. Marajo Island is the largest fresh water island in the world, and for years the 200,000 people who live there have worked in the fishing industry during the dry season, when the river is full of fish. But during the rainy season the fish disappear. That is also the time when the Andiroba trees deposit their seeds. These seeds are carried by the rivers and many end up on the beaches of Marajo. For years the fishermen from Marajo have considered these seeds a problem but a Brazilian company saw an opportunity to make money out of them. In 2004, this company organized a cooperative to collect the seeds and extract their oil for the cosmetics industry. Life on the island has improved for many families since 2004. This project has made a huge difference for the families of the 1,000 people working in the business. (Based on: www.theworldchallenge.co.uk. 03/11/2010.) “These seeds are carried by the rivers” in the Active Voice becomes
- 5. UFRGS 2015The Road Not Taken Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could 3To where it bent in the undergrowth; 4Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and 2wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, 6I doubted if I should ever come back. 5I shall be telling this with a 1sigh Somewhere ages and ages 7hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, 8And that has made all the difference. Adaptado de: FROST, Robert. The Road not Taken. Disponível em: . Acesso em: 08 set. 2014. Assinale o fragmento de frase que apresenta a mesma estrutura gramatical do título do poema.
- 6. EPCAR (AFA) 2011The Lion King This article is about Disney's 1994 film. 1The Lion King is a 1994 American animated feature produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. 2Released to theaters on June 15, 1994 by Walt Disney Pictures, it is the 32nd film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics. 3The story, which was influenced by the Bible stories of Joseph and Moses and the William Shakespeare play Hamlet, takes place in a kingdom of anthropomorphic animals in Africa. 4The film was the highest grossing animated film of all time until the release of Finding Nemo. 5The Lion King still holds the record as the highest grossing traditionally animated film in history and belongs to an era known as the Disney Renaissance. The Lion King is the highest grossing 2D animated film of all time in the United States, 6and received positive reviews from critics, who praised the film for 8its music and story. During its release in 1994, the film grossed more than $783 million worldwide, becoming the most successful film released that year, 7and it is currently the twenty-eighth highest-grossing feature film. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King GLOSSARY: Feature film – a film that is 90 or more minutes long Gross – total Release – make public Praise – show approval Read the sentences below extracted from the text and mark the alternative that has the only ones in the Passive Voice. I. “The Lion King is a 1994 American animated feature produced by Walt Disney...” (ref. 1) II. “Released to theaters on June 15, 1994 by Walt Disney Pictures.” (ref.2) III. “The story, which was influenced by the Bible stories of Joseph and Moses and the William Shakespeare play Hamlet...” (ref.3) IV. “The film was the highest grossing animated film of all time until the release of Finding Nemo.” (ref.4)
- 7. ESC. NAVAL 2015Which is the correct way to complete the text below? Many wounder as Moroccan police beat protestor (Reuters) – Moroccan police beat protesters who defied a ban on demonstrations across the country on Sunday, leading to arrests and dozens of injuries, some of them life threatening, witnesses said. Much of the anger __________ at the Makhzen, Morocco’s royal court. “Protest is a legal right, why is the Makhzen afraid?”, crowds in Casablanca chanted. “Makhzen get out. Down with despotism.” A Reuters correspondent __________ seven riot police attacking one bearded man in his 30s, repeatedy hitting his head and body, causing severe bleeding. “We __________ here to preserve order because of this unauthorized protest”, said a senior police officer on the scene who __________ to give his name. No one was available at the Interior Ministry to comment on the protesters’ reports. (Adapted from http://www.linkedin.com)
- 8. ITA 2014A HISTORY OF PI The history of Pi, says the author, though a small part of the history of mathematics, is nevertheless a mirror of the history of man. 5Petr Beckmann holds up this mirror, 4giving the background of the times when Pi made progress — and also when it did not, because 3science was being 1stifled by militarism or religious fanaticism. The mathematical level of this book is flexible, and there is plenty for readers of all ages and interests. ABOUT THE AUTHOR Petr Beckmann was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, in 1924. 6Until 1963, he worked as a research scientist for the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, when he was invited as a Visiting Professor to the University of Colorado, where he decided to stay permanently as professor of electrical engineering. Dr. Beckmann has authored 11 books and more than 50 scientific papers, 2mostly on probability theory and electromagnetic wave propagation. History is one of his side interests; another is linguistics (7he is fluent in five languages and he has worked out a new generative grammar which enables a computer to construct trillions of grammatical sentences from a dictionary of less than 100 unprocessed words). 8He also publishes a monthly pro-science, pro-technology, pro-free enterprise newsletter Access to Energy, in which he promotes the viewpoint that clean energy can be made plentiful, but that access to it is blocked by government interference and environmental paranoia. BECKMANN, Petr. A History of Pi. New York: Barnes & Noble Books, 1983. A opção que contém a reescrita correta de “... science was being stifled by militarism or religious fanaticism.” (ref. 3) é: Militarism or religious fanaticism
- 9. MACKENZIE 2016Brazil Plans to Implement a Control Center on Border with Argentina and Paraguay Folha Online 03/20/2015 Renata Agostini From São Paulo Mariana Carneiro From Buenos Aires The Brazilian government started negotiations with Argentina to implement a Center of Integrated Command and Control in the Triple Border – which unites the two countries and Paraguay – as a way to intensify anti-smuggling efforts in the area. The information was given on Thursday (19) by the Minister of Justice José Eduardo Cardozo, at a forum held by Folha in São Paulo, entitled “Smuggling in Brazil”. The idea is to bring the police forces of the three countries which could draw together intelligence and enforcement operations. The neighbors could help each other also with commercial information and immigration in the region. “Even if we put a man every 50 feet along the border, it would not be enough supervision. We need intelligence,” the minister said. He said that border control is one of the main problems faced by Brazil in regards to public safety, and the solution would come from integrated actions combined with the use of technology. According to the Brazilian proposal, Paraguay would be exempt from the project cost, which would be funded by Brazil and Argentina, the minister said. The experience derived from the Integrated Centers erected in the 12 host cities for the World Cup was considered successful and inspired the idea of a unified initiative between the three countries. The region of the Triple Border, where the Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu is located, is a major entry point for smuggled goods in the country. Most come from Paraguay. The sentence “The information was given on Thursday by the Minister of Justice José Eduardo Cardozo, at a forum held by Folha in São Paulo” in the active voice is:
- 10. EPCAR (AFA) 2013BRAZILIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY AFA (Air Force Academy), located at Pirassununga, State of São Paulo, is responsible for the training of Pilots, Administrative and Aeronautics Infantry Officers for the Brazilian Air Force. The history of the Brazilian military pilots schools goes back to 1913, when the Brazilian Aviation School was founded, at Campo dos Afonsos, State of Rio de Janeiro. Its mission was to provide instruction at similar levels to those of the best European schools at the time; Blériot and Farman aircraft, made in France, were available for the instruction of the pupils. The Great War 1914-1918, however, forced its instructors to leave and the school was closed. At that time, both the Brazilian Army and Navy had their own air arms, the Military Aviation and the Naval Aviation. The Navy bought Curtiss F seaplanes in May 1916 to equip the latter, and in August of the same year, the Naval Aviation School was created. The Military Aviation, however, only activated its Military Aviation School after the Great War, on 10 July 1919. Among the aircrafts used at the school, one could find the Sopwith 1A2, Bréguet 14A2, and Spad 7. Until the beginning of the 1940s, both schools continued with their activities. 1The Brazilian Government was concerned with the air war in Europe and decided to concentrate under a single command the military aviation activities. 6Thus, on 20 January 1941, the Air Ministry was created and both the Army and Navy air arms were disbanded, their personnel and equipment forming the Brazilian Air Force. On 25 March 1941, the Aeronautics School was based at Campo dos Afonsos, and its students became known as Aeronautics Cadets from 1943 to the current days. As early as 1942, it became clear that the Aeronautics School would need to be transferred to another place, offering better climate and little interference with the flight instruction of the future pilots. 2The town of Pirassununga was chosen among others, and, in 1952, the first buildings construction was initiated. The transfer of the School activities to Pirassununga occurred from 1960 to 1971. 3The School was redesigned as the Air Force Academy in 1969. The motto of the Academy is the Latin expression “Macte Animo! Generose Puer, sic itur ad astra”, extracted from the poem Thebaida, by the Roman poet Tatius. It is an exhortation to the cadets, which can be translated as Courage! This is the way, oh noble youngster, to the stars. The instruction of the Aeronautics Cadets, during the four-year-long course, has its activities centred in the words COURAGE – LOYALTY – HONOUR – DUTY – MOTHERLAND. The future officers take courses on several subjects, including Calculus, Computer Science, Mechanics, Portuguese and English, given by civilian lecturers, Air Force instructors and supervisors. The military instruction itself is given on a daily basis, and 4the Cadets are trained on different subjects, including parachuting, and sea and jungle survival. According to the chosen specialization, the Cadet will receive specific instruction: Pilots: Instruction on precision maneuvering, aerobatics, formation flying and by instruments, with 75 flying hours on the primary/basic training aircraft T-25 Universal, beginning on the 2nd term of the 1st year and completed in the 3rd year. Advanced training is given on T-27 Tucano aircraft, with 125 flying hours. Administrative: Training on the scientific and technological modern foundations of economics and financial management, and logistics training. Aeronautics Infantry: Instruction on defense and security techniques of military Aeronautics installations, anti-aircraft measures, command of troops and firefighting teams, military laws and regulations, armament usage, military service and call-up procedures. During their leisure time, the Cadets participate on the activities of seven different clubs: Aeromodelling, Literature, Informatics, Firearms shooting, Gauchos Heritage (for those coming from the South of Brazil), Gerais Club and Sail Flying. The clubs are directed by the Cadets themselves, under supervision of Air Force officers. The Academy also houses the Brazilian Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron – The Smoke Squadron. Flying as the eagles do! Adapted from http://www.rudnei.cunha.nom.br/FAB/en/afa.html Mark the alternative that has the fragment from the text INCORRECTLY changed into Active Voice.
- 11. FUVEST 1978Assinale a alternativa que preenche corretamente as lacunas: I you as soon as my work .
- 12. UPE 2011The sentence “You have written a composition this vestibular” in Passive Voice is
- 13. MACKENZIE 2006INSIDE A MAKEOVER One Company's story illustrates how music-industry giants are retooling in an attempt to survive the digital future. by Karen Lowry Miller The battle for digital control (I) in the movie business, but (II) virtually over in music. The giants are winning. Court rulings have forced free music upstarts like Grokster and Napster out of business, and earlier this month required Kazaa, the producer of file-sharing technology, to introduce filters to prevent piracy. The idea that free music would gut the big record companies seems a distant memory, even though it was still the conventional wisdom just a year ago. "We're finally seeing a raft of new initiatives from really big players", says Eric Nicoli, chairman of one of the big four music companies, the EMI Group. "This stuff is happening all day, every day now". Just consider the last month: Apple and Motorola unveiled a phone that can play music from iTunes, and announced partnerships with big U.S. and British phone companies to develop the mobile music market. In London, two giant retailers, HMV and Virgin, announced digital music ventures, a sign that the online sector is reaching mass-market size. The big labels have arrested a four-year, 25 percent plunge in sales and can now concentrate on exploring new business models to navigate the digital landscape. Nicoli has the buoyant air of a man who has just survived a close scrape with death. In a recent series of interviews, he and other top execs at EMI offered a detailed glimpse at the recent tumult, and where EMI – and their industry – is likely to go from here. (Adapted from Newsweek.) The words and verb forms which properly fill in blanks I and II in the text are:
- 14. UFRGS 2005Finally, a different approach that has millions of people talking. Using the award-winning Dynamic Immersion method, our interactive software teaches without translation, memorization, or grammar drills. Combining thousands of real-life images and the voices of native speakers in a step-by-step immersion process, our programs successfully replicate the experience of learning your first language. Guaranteed to teach faster and easier than any other language product or your money back. No questions asked. Award-winning software successfully used by U.S. State Department diplomats, Fortune 500 executives and millions of people worldwide. Step-by-step immersion instruction in all key language skills: Listening – the Rosetta Stone uses native speakers and everyday language to develop your understanding naturally and easily; Reading – text exercises develop your reading skills by linking written language to real-life objects, actions and ideas; Speaking – speech recognition feature records and compares your voice to the native speaker's, grading your pronunciation; Writing – dictation exercises evaluate your spelling, syntax and punctuation. Each fully interactive course includes: CD-ROM curriculum with 92 lessons; previews, exercises and testing for each lesson; automated tutorials that "Iearn" where you need help; Curriculum Text and User's Guide. Call today or buy online for an exclusive 10% discount. Rosetta Stone – Language Learning Success. POPULAR SCIENCE, Aug. 2004 (adapted). A frase No questions asked é elíptica. Indique a alternativa que contém a melhor forma verbal para completá-la, no contexto em que ela se encontra.
Não foi possível realizar o seu cadastro com a sua conta do Facebook pois o seu email não está confirmado no Facebook.Entendi