Quer colocar o estudo em prática? O Stoodi tem exercícios de Reflexive dos maiores vestibulares do Brasil.
Estude Inglês com esses e mais de 30000 que caíram no ENEM, Fuvest, Unicamp, UFRJ, UNESP e muitos outros vestibulares!
- 1. G1 1996Choose the correct answer. The boys hurt _____ when they were playing in the garden.
- 2. UNESP 2000Assinale a alternativa que preenche corretamente a lacuna da frase apresentada. Catherine is making _______________ a dress.
- 3. FAAP 1997Assinale a alternativa correta: Mr. Dean's secretary was ill yesterday, so he had to type the letters .......... .
- 4. FAAP 1997Assinale a alternativa correta: I took my husband to the airport .......... .
- 5. PUC-RS 2008It is an old saying that "Order is Heaven's First Law", and like many other old sayings, it contains a much deeper philosophy than appears immediately on the surface. Getting things into a better order is the great secret of progress, and 1we are now able to fly through the air, not because the laws of Nature have altered, but because we have learnt to arrange things in the right order to produce this result - the things 2themselves had existed from the beginning of the world, but what was wanting was the introduction of a Personal Factor which, by an intelligent perception of the possibilities contained in the laws of Nature, should be able to bring into working reality ideas which previous generations would have laughed at as the absurd fancies of an unbalanced mind. (...) Now the first thing in any investigation is to have some idea of what you are looking for, just as you would not go up a tree to find fish, though you would for birds' eggs. TROWARD, T. (1915), The creative process in the individual. Dodd, Mead & Co., New York. pp 1-2. The pronoun "themselves" (ref. 2) is used
- 6. UERJ 2006Ways of meeting oppression Oppressed people deal with their oppression in three characteristic ways. One way is acquiescence: 5the oppressed resign themselves to their doom. 6They tacitly adjust themselves to oppression, and thereby become conditioned to it. In every movement toward freedom some of the oppressed prefer to remain oppressed. There is such a thing as the freedom of exhaustion. Some people are so worn down by the yoke of oppression that they give up. This is the type of negative freedom and resignation that often engulfs the life of the oppressed. But this is not the way out. To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor. Non-cooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good. A second way that oppressed people sometimes deal with oppression is to resort to physical violence and corroding hatred. Violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem; it merely creates new and more complicated ones. The third way, open to oppressed people in their quest for freedom, is the way of nonviolent resistance. 1Nonviolence can touch men where the law cannot reach them. 2When the law regulates behavior it plays an indirect part in molding public sentiment. 7The enforcement of the law itself is a form of peaceful persuasion. But the law needs help. 3Here nonviolence comes in as the ultimate form of persuasion. It is the method which seeks to implement the just law by appealing to the conscience of the great decent majority who through blindness, fear, pride, or irrationality has allowed their consciences to sleep. The nonviolent resisters can summarize their message in the following simple terms: We will take direct action against injustice without waiting for other agencies to act. 4We will not obey unjust laws or submit to unjust practices. We will do this peacefully, openly, cheerfully because our aim is to persuade. We adopt the means of nonviolence because 8our end is a community at peace with itself. We will try to persuade with our words, but if our words fail, we will try to persuade with our acts. We will always be willing to talk and seek fair compromise, but we are ready to suffer when necessary and even risk our lives to become witnesses to the truth as we see it. The way of nonviolence means a willingness to suffer and sacrifice. It may mean going to jail. It may even mean physical death. But if physical death is the price that a man must pay to free his children from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing could be more redemptive. MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr. http://www.gibbsmagazine.com Reflexive pronouns have two distinct uses: basic and emphatic. The reflexive pronoun used emphatically is found in:
- 7. UFMG 2004Why is the South Pole colder than the North Pole? Robert Bindschadler, a senior fellow and glaciologist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, explains. Both polar regions of the earth are cold, primarily because they receive far less solar radiation than the tropics and mid-latitudes do. At either pole the sun never rises more than 23.5 degrees above the horizon and both locations experience six months of continuous darkness. Moreover, most of the sunlight that does shine on the polar regions is reflected by the bright white surface. What makes the South Pole so much colder than the North Pole is that it sits on top of a very thick ice sheet, which 1itself 4sits on a continent. The surface of the ice sheet at the South Pole is more than 9,000 feet in elevation - more than a mile and a half above sea level. Antarctica is by far the highest continent on the earth. In comparison, the North Pole 2rests in the middle of the Arctic Ocean, where the surface of floating ice 5rides only a foot or so above the surrounding sea. The Arctic Ocean also 3acts as an effective heat reservoir, warming the cold atmosphere in the winter and drawing heat from the atmosphere in the summer. http://www.sciam.com The word "itself" (ref. 1) refers to
- 8. PUC-PR 2007Lucy hates John and John hates Lucy. Lucy and John hate __________.
Não foi possível realizar o seu cadastro com a sua conta do Facebook pois o seu email não está confirmado no Facebook.Entendi