Challenges in college
Anxiety is a natural consequence of everyday stressful events. Many students experience some anxiety throughout their day; in some respects it can help them navigate difficult situations. However, anxiety can also become severe, persistent and counterproductive.
Anxiety can take the form of a psychological disorder including Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
Some students may experience severe anxiety while taking exams. They may feel nervous and notice themselves sweating, hyper-ventilating, and having difficulty concentrating. However, since test anxiety is a learned response, it can also be unlearned. What can I do to reduce test anxiety?
• Eat a performance meal (high protein, low carbohydrate) while studying and before the exam to provide optimal mental energy
• Get enough sleep • Exercise (physical energy = mental energy)
• Minimize your alcohol and caffeine use • Use a relaxation exercise
• Study ahead of time and create practice tests similar to the format of the exam (Multiple Choice, Essay, Concept Application)
• Stop negative thoughts (“I don’t know enough to pass”) about the test and increase positive thoughts (“I know a lot of this information; I’ll start with the questions I know”)
Extract from www.lehigh.edu
According to the text, stressing situations
Quem é TIM estuda de graça com nosso Cronograma de Estudos!
Você que é cliente TIM já tem acesso ilimitado às videoaulas e exercícios de todas as disciplinas do Stoodi, sem consumir seu pacote de dados. Agora, que tal aproveitar acesso gratuito ao nosso Cronograma de Estudos?
Para habilitar seu benefício é preciso:
- Fazer o cadastro ou login no site Stoodi pelo celular
- Estar conectado a uma rede móvel da TIM
Vamos lá? :)