Quer colocar o estudo em prática? O Stoodi tem exercícios de Past dos maiores vestibulares do Brasil.
Estude Inglês com esses e mais de 30000 que caíram no ENEM, Fuvest, Unicamp, UFRJ, UNESP e muitos outros vestibulares!
- 1. StoodiComplete a lacuna: Daniel _____ late at work this morning due to the heavy traffic.
- 2. StoodiComplete a lacuna: The police _____ a man near my building last night.
- 3. StoodiWhile I ____ in the park, I saw an accident.
- 4. StoodiShe was reading a book while I ____ dinner.
- 5. StoodiWhen I met Susan, she ____.
- 6. StoodiComplete a lacuna: The president _____ to the meeting in Paris last week. There was a natural disaster and he had to visit the victims there.
- 7. StoodiWhat time ____ yesterday?
- 8. StoodiComplete a lacuna: What _____ you _____ yesterday?
- 9. G1 1996A frase "She put it on that big shelf" pode ser uma resposta à pergunta:
- 10. StoodiWhile I ____ the car, I slipped on the wet floor.
- 11. StoodiI got up at 6 and then I ____ my teeth.
- 12. StoodiOnly after I woke up in hospital I understood I ____ in a car accident.
- 13. StoodiI was sure that I ____ that man before.
- 14. StoodiI didn’t go to the barbecue simply because nobody ____me about it.
- 15. StoodiHow could he know her name if he ____ her before?
- 16. StoodiWhen ____ this task?
- 17. Stoodi(at 4pm) ______ to Ed this morning?
- 18. StoodiWe missed part of the film because it ____ when we got to the movies.
- 19. StoodiComplete a lacuna: We _____ Dennis two days ago at the mall.
- 20. StoodiYou are always so late! It was 8.15 when you arrived, so I ____ for you for two hours by then.
- 21. StoodiI was sleeping when the telephone ____.
- 22. StoodiAfter I ____ eating I started doing my homework.
- 23. G1 1996A forma negativa da frase "He tore the page of the book" é:
- 24. CESGRANRIO 1994THE LANGUAGE BARRIER Early last year, at a trade fair in Milan, a revolutionary telephone system was 1unveiled. Developed by American and Japanese, the new machine provides instantaneous translation of the caller's speech. Say "hello" in English and it will come out as "alô" in Portuguese or the equivalent word in the language of your choice. It's remarkable! It might make you think that the whole business of language learning could soon become redundant. But 2don't be hasty. 3A sophisticated computer was programmed to perform language translation. 4It was instructed to translate "out of sight, out of mind" into Russian. 5The Russian translation was 6then fed into the computer and translated back into English. The result was: "invisible lunatic". A typical error. Natural language is so complex and ambiguous 7that a 8computer will invariably have difficulty in making sense of it. The new phone can deal with "hello" and other words well enough. But if asked to translate a sentence, its limitations soon become apparent. The dream of "machine translation" (MT) is almost as old as the modern digital computer itself: the idea was promoted in 1949 and by the late 50's more than 20 MT projects were in development. By 1966 the Automatic Language Processing Advisory Committee concluded that "there's no immediate or predictable prospect of useful machine translation." Research funds were cut. In the late 70's MT was re-discovered. 9The new generation of programs is less ambitious. 10They are limited to texts where the possibilities of error are minimal, such as technical reports and operating manuals. 11Furthermore, the computers simply produce 12a workable draft translation, which a human "post-editor" will then correct. 13In spite of their obvious limitations, MTs are extremely fast and reasonably accurate. 14Yet, even the most optimistic scientists admit that it'll be at least 20 years before computers are capable of translating more sophisticated texts. (Adapted from Speak Up - January 91.) Choose the alternative which completes the following sentences with the adequate verb forms: I - The first translation program for computers _____ invented in the late forties. (BE) II - Scientists _____ research on machine translation since the 50's. (DEVELOP) III - Most contemporary translators nowadays _____ computers to perform their task. (USE)
- 25. StoodiHenry VIII ____ to Catherine of Aragon before he got married to Anne Boleyn.
- 26. StoodiBy the time we tried to close the window, the canary ____.
- 27. G1 1996A forma interrogativa negativa da frase "Otto was a great student" é:
- 28. StoodiWhen I got to the club I didn’t see my friends. They ____ somewhere else.
- 29. StoodiComplete a lacuna: We _____ to the movies twice last month. We went three times.
- 30. PUC-PR 1996Choose the best option to complete the conversation below: Lucy: How is your hotel? Sally: Great! It's the best hotel I ______ in. Lucy: Is Ben ______ the holiday? Sally: Ben is really ______. You know, the last time we ______ to London was 10 years ago and the city ______ a lot since then.
Quem é TIM estuda de graça com nosso Cronograma de Estudos!
Você que é cliente TIM já tem acesso ilimitado às videoaulas e exercícios de todas as disciplinas do Stoodi, sem consumir seu pacote de dados. Agora, que tal aproveitar acesso gratuito ao nosso Cronograma de Estudos?
Para habilitar seu benefício é preciso:
- Fazer o cadastro ou login no site Stoodi pelo celular
- Estar conectado a uma rede móvel da TIM
Vamos lá? :)